Thursday, September 25, 2008

Light As A Feather, Ring And Run, Bloody Mary...

Sometimes you just have to answer the door when life drops a steaming pile of baby shit on your doorstep, "ring and run" style. I've been listening to a lot of Leonard Cohen and his songs of love and hate, gypsies, dealers, beautiful and crazy acquaintances, and ghosts, which got me thinking about the beautiful losers I know and love. Decadence, debauchery, witty motherfuckers, substances, glitter, decay, desire, day old funk...these are just a few words that come to mind when I think of life as I know it; as it should be. I feel a change brewing, but not of the sort that can ever change my love of the underbelly of society. My daily routine, which is an act I feel is near to a hustle, reinforces my distrust of the so-called normal.

Desire- Tuxedomoon

I hate to be a drag, so I'll share a video instead:


Devil Lives In My Husband's Body -Pulsallama

Often at night, I find myself remembering spirits and the pranks of years gone by. One of these shadows I've been thinking of is an old friend of mine who had a severe phobia of knives. She would often spend the night and I would put a kitchen knife on the window sill in the darkened bedroom (covered in fake blood, of course) and tell her to look outside. She would open the curtain to look out, see the knife and scream her lungs out, while I roared with laughter...hyaena style. Although I love the dark, I've always been reluctant to play Bloody Mary in the mirror and reluctance turned to outright refusal after seeing the film Candy Man.

4 a.m. - Noblesse Oblige

My sick and twisted mind is quite feral for girl groups of the 60's. I really love the tragic tone on a lot of the songs as the cries of joy turn to an opposite emotion on the crazy spectrum of life. Big hair, big makeup, heels, switchblades. The tragically hip would be nowhere without the wicked fashion sense of bands like The Shangri Las, now would they? I don't hate, I appreciate?

You Don't Know- Ellie Greenwich

No comments: