Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mother Nature Has A Wicked Backhand

Ahhh, Sunday is here to remind me of the horror that is the workweek. Last night was an interesting night where again, there was drink and dance. I checked out a club night I have never been to and it was refreshing to hear new music in the club, thanks to That Digital Kid.

I woke up with a sore throat, tasting like a dash of hot garbage, so I think Mother Nature called up Satan and decided to send me a reminder that I need to calm my ass down...or something? Bruises, both internal and external catalog my weekends. As I was looking for some music to share, I stumbled upon one of my Nan Goldin books and if you are not familiar with her work, she is worth checking out. Her photography is absolutely beautiful.

Photobucket

I want everyone to hear this Roxy Music song, because it is stunning.
In Every Dream Home A Heartache

Townes Van Zandt was a seriously underrated artist who also deserves a serious listen. This is one of my favorite songs by him.
Waiting Around To Die

To put some pop into the morning, I'm also tossing on Ladyhawke. Don't fret, no serious business here...just fizzy.
My Delirium

No comments: