Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Part of the Solution, not the Problem

So, as this rocket ship of hot smelly baby diapers begins to take off, I thought I would take some time to throw some artists that have made a move in my heart towards the belief in all things good. Art is the one communication that the human being uses in every day dealings to document history, push boundaries of belief structures, or just get off on. Art comes in many forms and as I post in the future I hope to bring to light many forms of art and artists that I dig. This post I have chosen a few people that I would like to share with the world.

Brian David Braun
Photobucket
Brian David Braun is an artist that has continually blown my mind with his ability to capture great subject matter and then tweak it until it becomes a form of graphic design. I have never been able to catch a gallery showing, but I can imagine it’s a bit of controlled chaos in a slinky dress. A feeling of old school punk attributes comes through on everything I’ve seen so far, and it only gets better. This piece above is one of my favorites. Click on the picture to take a journey into Brian’s world of art in his pics area. Cheers Brian for being a solution and not a problem!


Meet Cleaver Theater

Photobucket

Meet Cleaver Theater, a fairly new family is on the block and they have brought back the best of what I loved about USA’s Night Flight and classic old school public television shows. A touch of Mystery Science Theater 3000 with more of an Adams Family meets the Jetsons flavor- as they describe it, “I'd best describe our show as the by-product of a frightening (yet strangely erotic) copulation between Barbara Billingsley and Tim Burton... while Donna Reed watches." It's a dash of rockabilly, a smatter of the sublime and heaping scoop of hep all folded into some of your favorite b-movies from the 40s-90s.” I watch every release these kids have put out and the attention to details and forgotten facts is the major selling point for me. I can only imagine how much fun they have in pre-production planning .Click on their picture to go to their web site and see more of this classic in the making. Cheers to you Meet Cleaver Theater family for being a solution and not the problem!



Venis with a Penis
Photobucket
One of my favorite new writers that seem to hit the nail on the head with his rants and poetry is Venis with a Penis. His taste in music is impeccable and the album reviews are some of the best on-point pieces I’ve ever read. His passionate writings about the waste of society that seem to run everything are my favorites though. Click on his picture to read his writings in his blogs- they will move you one way or another .Cheers to you Venis with a Penis for being a solution and not a problem!


More people will be brought up in the future along with art that I think deserves to be brought to the surface. Stay tuned kids- and remember to ask yourself if you’re part of a solution or part of the problem.

2 comments:

Brian David Braun said...

Awesome write up !
Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!

B.Easterling said...

Wowee Zowee! Thanks for the fantastic shout out! And all these years they told us we were part of the problem too... :)

We'll keep shoveling delicious dreck as long as you cats keep pumping out steaming "Hot Garbage"

Cheers and hugs from the fallout lounge,
Butch & Joan Cleaver