Monday, September 22, 2008

Leaving a Mark as a Wallflower.

It seems that as a rule, I don't dance until drinks have been had and the world is a rose colored blur of loveliness. This makes for a great night out and nothing seems to bother me when I'm this fuzzy. I love the conversations, a discussion of a new art project or musical adventure is usually started with someone, and people flirt with one another like we're all stars in some 70's swinger movie.
I guess what I have been pondering is will I ever leave this behind and grow up? I can't see myself NOT having this in my life, so what good would it do try and stop, eh? I remember being in my teens and loving the club and nightlife the first time I got a taste of it. I would stand against the wall and watch people dance, drenched in sweat communicating the moments feelings in a form of body language and I would feel a romantic tingling all over just knowing that the power of music had taken over all of our senses. I was shy of course and my lack of self confidence left me being alone, standing against the wall watching others dance with each other. I studied every dance style I saw, every style of club lighting that flashed before me and what design it would make on the floor, and how deep the bass would get on certain songs and what it did to my tummy (still love that, but now I know it's a bit lower that tingles-not the tummy).
Drinks later I found that dancing was easy when I didn't give a shit, so I slowly pulled myself off the wall and eased my way unto the dance floor. Trance like emotions of fearlessness overtook me and I saw that my church was the club. I still do this ritual to this day and love it every week. I don't think I could ever be a straight edge, "healthy" person who enjoys the club and nightlife like I do now. I think they go hand-in-hand with each other. I know people out there go to clubs and just dance with no drinking all the time, but that's all I know after all these years. It's my communion. If you ever hear me say I'm going to clean up my act and leave this all behind- you will never see me again. I would rather leave it all behind and forget I was alive at one time in my life. This wallflower will probably just wither and die in the night life, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Photobucket

So I want to share some of the more "left-of-field" style of tunes that have been haunting my head as of late.

Gang Gang Dance has a new one out that I think I love more than "God's Money".....
This cut has replace "Egowar" for me and I thank them for this- they deserve your attention.
Photobucket
Gang Gang Dance- House Jam

This next one is a cut off of Trolle & Siebenhaar's new album called "Couple Therapy". It's really good and reminds me of the flow and feelings I get from Nouvelle Vague.I swear the guy doing the duel vocals on this track sounds like Antony Hegarty from Antony and the Johnsons. You tell me......
Photobucket
Trolle & Siebenhaar- Shortcuts feat Dino Fantastic

2 comments:

silverdiscoball said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
silverdiscoball said...

I feel the same about the nightlife and clubs. I think between me and two others, we took over the dancefloor Saturday night. It was electric to dance from one end of the floor to the other, totally uninhibited.

The bassline gives life to the night.