Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sleep Deprivation Leads To Another Galaxy

Lately, I've been running on little sleep and I'm not sure, but I may like it? Granted I get all tweaked out when I'm driving and constantly think I'm hearing something break, but I'm beginning to like the slight feelings of post-narcotic binge shivers and light-headedness.
Speaking of shivers, there are certain artists whose voices can give you the chills like temperatures in the negative. For me, Antony Hegarty of Antony and The Johnsons is one of these artists. For once my motor-mouth is at a loss for words, so I'll just let the voice speak for itself in this track by Joan As Policewoman:
I Defy (feat. Antony)

Florence and The Machine is another performer I cannot get enough of. Her voice is powerful and her songs are always a bit quirky and her cover versions and collaborations are not to be overlooked. Here she is covering Lightspeed Champion:
Galaxy of The Lost


I have no pictures today, but I do want everyone to see this:


Pickle Surprise

To wrap things up, I want you to dance, because what's life without dancing? Not much really. I fell hard as for this band when I first heard them and hopefully you will also enjoy Imbeciles and the Poison Umbrella.
Virus

2 comments:

Brian David Braun said...

This is my new favorite blog ..
Before I started reading this blog I was nothing .... Now I have culture again ... and my baby smells

Brian David Braun said...

That video makes me want to smoke crack