Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pleasure for Pleasure

I need an intervention...an IAMX intervention. My name is (insert clever blogger alias here) and I am an addict. I'm so obsessed with this band that I listen to them at least once a day. Some of you may be familiar with IAMX front person Chris Corner from his work with Sneaker Pimps, Robots in Disguise,oodles of production credits,and The Mighty Boosh connection. He's a very busy bee and tours like a machine, so if you get the chance to see a live performance you should do so. Please don't get me started on my love of The Boosh, for I would be left a pile of hot garbage indeed.

Photobucket

I've heard the music described as dark-erotic-electronic, but it's good and label-defying and isn't that all that really matters? The beats are insane and the lyrics run from hot and bangin' to thought provoking. What more could you want? Strong visuals? They have them. I like the cabaret sex clown image they conjure in my brain. The Alternative is a great album for "talking" or screaming at the top of your lungs, or maybe a combination of the two?
I'm going to share two tracks with you:

"Spit It Out" is possibly my favorite track from the album The Alternative.
Spit It Out

"You're The Conversation (I'm The Game)" is from the soundtrack to the film Les Chevaliers du Ciel, and features Sue Denim from Robots in Disguise on lead vocals.
You're The Conversation (I'm The Game)

No comments: