Saturday, October 18, 2008

Warm Music For Chilly Mornings

Woke up, put on some big fluffy wool socks and turned the music on immediately. Today started off with lots of girl groups from the 60's (yes, I'm slightly obsessed), which led me to change it up a bit to The Ettes , who I love, love, love right now. They have sass and killa style, which along with catchy tunes are some of the things that make them so appealing. Check them out!
Photobucket
You Can't Do That To Me - The Ettes

Old music rocks my socks, so I want everyone to hear Helen Kane. Her voice is so cute and if it sounds a bit familiar, that's because she is one of the inspirations for Betty Boop.
Photobucket

I Want To Be Bad - Helen Kane

Nina Kinert's album Pets and Friends is great for wasted Saturday mornings...actually, it's great for lots of things, so give it a whirl.



Combat Lover - Nina Kinert

Do you ever just grab an album out of your stash on a whim? Last night, I did that with Jeff Buckley. I remember the first time I heard his voice and it was one of those times when you just know you've found something incredible.
Photobucket

All Flowers In Time - Jeff Buckley and Elizabeth Fraser

No comments: