Sunday, January 25, 2009

Space Guns and Phil Lynott

Today I shall post some Phil Lynott. Most know him from Thin Lizzy, and while I respect, honor, and appreciate that period, I am going to post some of his solo work and collaborations. I'm sure there are purists that were appalled by the use of synth, samples, and space guns in the solo music...I happen to really like it. Listening to Thin Lizzy is like having a really great conversation over many drinks and way too many cigarettes, with a master storyteller at some dirty pub. You are so mesmerized by the content of what you are hearing, that you ignore all of the nonsense occurring around you. The solo albums are more mellow, but the feeling remains the same.

Phil Lynott - Yellow Pearl

Phil Lynott - Solo In Soho

Photobucket

Phil Lynott - Old Town

Phil Lynott - The Man's A Fool

Phil Lynott - Fatalistic Attitude

Phil Lynott - Ode To A Black Man

He appears on the Johnny Thunders album So Alone, contributing bass and vocals.

Johnny Thunders - London Boys

Johnny Thunders - Leave Me Alone

Johnny Thunders - Daddy Rollin' Stone

The Greedies - A Merry Jingle



The BPA is basically Fatboy Slim and features Jamie T, Martha Wainwright, Emmy The Great, and David Byrne among others. I'm undecided on the album, but I do know that I want the Iggy puppet!!!

The BPA - He's Frank (Slight Return) Feat. Iggy Pop


The BPA (feat. Pete York) - Dirty Sheets

No comments: